SUPPORT LOGIN

(Login and registration now occur through the store.)

LOGIN OR CREATE ACCOUNT

We're still experiencing some difficulties with our new unified login - sorry for the inconvenience!.

GS3 style (top mounted) steam wand

More
2 months 1 week ago #16835 by Paulius Peciura
Replied by Paulius Peciura on topic GS3 style (top mounted) steam wand

Jaime O Diaz wrote: GS/3 parts ordered... doing the same. Brandon, thank you for sharing...

In my case, just went with the stock GS/3 steam tip as well... I might not install this right away, but wanted to have the parts here for whenever I want to make the switch...

Nothing wrong with the stock setup... this just looks cool, lol.

I was quoted astronomical price, in region of £120~150 if I recall correctly. I thought I can live with it now, although sometimes I do find myself hoping for a longer steam wand when steaming for less milk.

May I ask if you ordered only the steam wand and the tip? That would be parts 1 & 3, with product codes L173 and T2101. A rubber sleeve would probably be a good idea, but it sounds like an O-ring isn't required.
lamarzoccoparts.com.au/parts/gs3/steam-and-hot-water

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #16836 by Jaime O Diaz
Replied by Jaime O Diaz on topic GS3 style (top mounted) steam wand
I ordered the:

La Marzocco GS3 Steam Wand - Part # T2101
La Marzocco Stainless Steel Steam Wand Tip - Part # L173 (correct, description mentioned no o-ring required)
La Marzocco Steam Wand Heat Protector -Part # F2017 (because I want to leave the stock sleeve on the LR wand)

Total came to US$102.00 with tax and free shipping... this was from Espresso Parts in the US.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Jaime O Diaz.

More
2 months 14 hours ago #16886 by Jaime O Diaz
Replied by Jaime O Diaz on topic GS3 style (top mounted) steam wand
Done! Thank you Brandon!

I will have to test performance to see how this setup compares. The stock setup (tip) on the LR is amazing at steaming perfect milk... No, I am no expert, but it was so easy the THREE times I tried it, hehehehe. I hope this at least compares favorably to the stock setup.

1 - MZ_404-(MZ_404) La Marzocco GS3 Steam Wand
1 - MZ_208-(MZ_208) La Marzocco Stainless Steel Steam Wand Tip
1 - MZ_405-(MZ_405) La Marzocco SteamWand Heat Protector
1 - W15295 - Steam Wand Anti-scorch Clip - 8 mm (waiting on this) - this is still required because even with the rubber cover, sucker gets extremely hot...

I like that I can now move it out of the way as I seldom do milk-based drinks.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds