SUPPORT LOGIN

(Login and registration now occur through the store.)

LOGIN OR CREATE ACCOUNT

We're still experiencing some difficulties with our new unified login - sorry for the inconvenience!.

GFCI tripping

More
1 month 1 week ago #16997 by Leo Lombardo
Replied by Leo Lombardo on topic GFCI tripping
Exactly, yes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16998 by Reiss Gunson
Replied by Reiss Gunson on topic GFCI tripping
ok. would you mind posting an image with the wires pulled off the terminals on the heating element so i can see if the terminals are protruding 'on axis' from the ceramic insulating sleeves. you will probably need to take images from plan view and side elevation to confirm this.

in other words there must be a crack in one of the ceramic insulators for the current leakage to occur, and for that to be the case i would expect one of the terminals has been bent off axis, resulting in the ceramic insulating sleeve cracking

kind regards

reiss.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16999 by Leo Lombardo
It's hard to get good pictures, but I think that the lower terminal has a crack in the sleeve.

More
1 month 1 week ago #17000 by Reiss Gunson
for sure, the crack is clearly visible. if i send you a new element have you got a 38mm socket (and a breaker bar to drive it)

More
1 month 1 week ago #17001 by Leo Lombardo
Not on hand but I can get one.

More
1 month 1 week ago #17002 by Reiss Gunson
good. be sure to get a deep version, as shown in our webstore; londiniumespresso.com/store/parts?product_id=166

they are also available as a shallow version but that will not clear the element terminals; the deep version will

be sure to use a breaker bar, not a ratchet, and strike the breaker bar with a hammer to shock it free as shown here; londiniumespresso.com/forum/permanent-fi...he-immersion-element

perhaps drop me an email to confirm that you want me to send the element and gasket to the same address as we sent your machine to

kind regards

reiss.

More
1 month 2 days ago #17004 by Leo Lombardo
Reiss,

The element has arrived. While trying to get the socket onto the old element, I've found that the thick black power cord gets in the way and there's no way to bend it enough to make enough space. I'd like to simply remove it but there is a black part that holds it in place on the chassis. Is there a good way to remove it? Ideally without destroying it?
Attachments:

More
1 month 2 days ago #17005 by Reiss Gunson
hi leo

im not saying you are wrong, but it will be the first machine in the history of londinium where the power cord has needed to be removed to change the heating element; we even put that recess in the frame specifically to accommodate the element change
when your 38mm socket arrives get physical with it and use the socket to simply push the power cord out of your way; most like to the left, towards the front panel i would expect. it will move. the socket has rounded edges and will not cut or damage the cable

im happy to assist via FaceTime or whatsapp

you really dont want to have to remove the cable gland, its a real pain (you ideally need a cable gland tool) and to the best of my knowledge no one has ever needed to

kind regards

reiss.

More
1 month 2 days ago #17006 by Leo Lombardo
On further experimentation I think that the problem is that the recess in the chassis is not fully aligned with the element, and my socket is a deep cylinder shape. The front corner of the recess is in the way. I see in your pictures that yours is not as long so that it's narrow at the point where it reaches the chassis. I'll probably need to find a smaller 38mm socket.

More
1 month 2 days ago #17007 by Reiss Gunson
i can send you one if its turning into a pain.

Time to create page: 1.525 seconds