SUPPORT LOGIN

(Login and registration now occur through the store.)

LOGIN OR CREATE ACCOUNT

We're still experiencing some difficulties with our new unified login - sorry for the inconvenience!.

GFCI tripping

More
1 month 1 week ago #16976 by Leo Lombardo
Replied by Leo Lombardo on topic GFCI tripping
Not that I can tell. The only discoloration I noticed was a little bit at the bottom of the Sirai, at the sides near the spring. You can see it in the pictures above. It's not dramatic and I don't know if it's significant or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16977 by Reiss Gunson
Replied by Reiss Gunson on topic GFCI tripping
the power cord or plug hasn't been yanked, cut, melted, crushed, etc?

is the earth wire (yellow & green) still securely terminated to the chassis?

More
1 month 1 week ago #16978 by Leo Lombardo
The power cord looks like new. I haven't abused the machine at all. It's been sitting in the same place for two years, and I haven't opened it up since installing the digital module.

There is a teal cord that is securely attached to the chassis, next to the grounding symbol.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16979 by Reiss Gunson
im not sure

if it were me i would look very closely for a water leak or a loose wire

are all the wires on the immersion element secure and also all the wires connecting to the Sirai pressure switch and also the wires connecting to the back of the ON/OFF toggle switch

the first place i would look is where the pump joins the pump motor, and as a long shot where the wires enter the plug in the top of the pressure transducer

are all the connections you made when installing the pressure transducer secure? look to the F1 and F2 Gicar connections and the red orange and blue wires screwed into the brown nylon terminal connector

kind regards

reiss.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16980 by Reiss Gunson
as an idea try disconnecting one of the wires (white or black) that power the pump motor and see if that stops it tripping.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16981 by Leo Lombardo
I have double checked every connection by disconnecting and reconnecting, including the Gicar connections and the six red/orange/blue wires screwed into the brown connector. I'm not sure what you mean by where the pump joints the pump motor, but I did check every wire.

There's not a hint of moisture anywhere.

I disconnected the pump motor and that did not stop it from tripping the circuit breaker (instantly).

After that, I reconnected the pump motor and disconnected the immersion element instead. When I did that the machine was able to power on for about 5 seconds before tripping the circuit breaker.

I also tried disconnecting the power cord from the on/off switch. The circuit breaker doesn't trip, so I doubt that the problem is in that cord.

I've ordered a multimeter. I haven't used one since college but maybe that will help with the diagnosis.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16982 by Reiss Gunson
check the continuity on the immersion element when your multimeter arrives. unusual for it to fail on a 2018 machine but not impossible.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16990 by Leo Lombardo
There is also continuity between each of the immersion element terminals and the boiler itself (2 ohms for one, 10 for the other). I believe this is abnormal, have we found the problem?

More
1 month 1 week ago #16991 by Leo Lombardo
It looks like my prior post didn't appear, but the continuity across the terminals was normal (12 ohms). I also noted that I realized that I had not fully disconnected the immersion element yesterday when I tried testing it. Today I disconnected the heating element completely and was able to turn on the machine and operate the pump without issues.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16996 by Reiss Gunson
hi leo

so are you saying that as a result of testing with a multi meter that you have confirmed that there is continuity in the immersion element, however there is current leakage from the immersion element to the boiler, which is causing your GFCI to trip?

kind regards

reiss.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds