SUPPORT LOGIN

(Login and registration now occur through the store.)

LOGIN OR CREATE ACCOUNT

We're still experiencing some difficulties with our new unified login - sorry for the inconvenience!.

GFCI tripping

More
1 month 1 week ago #16965 by Leo Lombardo
GFCI tripping was created by Leo Lombardo
I installed the digital preinfusion kit about 6 weeks ago with no issues. Today my Londinium R has started tripping my GFCI outlet within a few seconds of being turned on. The white light turns on right away but it trips the GFCI before the red light turns on. I looked inside and saw no loose wires or moisture. Otherwise I'm not sure how to go about diagnosing the problem.

I have tried running other appliances on the GFCI outlet with no issues, so I'm pretty sure the problem is inside the LR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #16967 by Reiss Gunson
Replied by Reiss Gunson on topic GFCI tripping
hi Leo

thanks for posting. things that have caused this in the past are (i) the Mater pressure switch (which you no longer have) and (ii) cracked or chipped ceramic insulators around the immersion element resulting in current leakage, although you report that it is tripping before the red light illuminates, but not by much im guessing?

perhaps start by sending me some well lit images of the insulators on the exposed end of your immersion element?

kind regards

reiss.
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Reiss Gunson.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16968 by Leo Lombardo
Replied by Leo Lombardo on topic GFCI tripping
Is this what you're looking for?

I also plugged the machine into a different outlet, and the circuit breaker immediately tripped when I turned it on.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16969 by Reiss Gunson
they look to be in extremely good condition to me.

perhaps lift the lid on the Sirai pressure switch and if the screws in the middle contact pair were not removed at the factory check that one of them has not rattled loose and dropped into the body of the switch as i have seen that happen before; it will have spot welded itself in place if that is the cause

***be sure to have unplugged the machine from the electrical supply before taking the lid off the Siari as this is switching the full current drawn by the element***

More
1 month 1 week ago #16970 by Leo Lombardo
I'm not sure what I'm looking for inside the Sirai but this is what it looks like:
Attachments:

More
1 month 1 week ago #16971 by Reiss Gunson
where the wires are screwed into the terminals i would expect wires to be mounted in the left and right terminal pairs and the middle pair to be unused; i.e. no wires mounted

are the screws still secure in the middle pair of terminals, or has one of them fallen out?

reiss.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16972 by Leo Lombardo
OK, I understand now. I stuck a dental mirror inside and was able to confirm that there are two screws in place down the middle. No loose screws anywhere.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16973 by Reiss Gunson
what about the back of the ON/OFF toggle switch? any signs of heat there?

More
1 month 1 week ago #16974 by Leo Lombardo
I tripped the breaker a couple of more times by turning the machine on, but after doing that there was no noticeable warmth behind the on/off switch. To my untrained eye everything appears normal there.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16975 by Reiss Gunson
no discolouration/charring?

Time to create page: 1.703 seconds