Today I received my wifi dongle, and it seems that I am also having issues. My internet gateway and router is very near to where I have my LR, so I don't think its a signal issue. To be safe, I just ordered a $6 extender that either Reiss or Franz linked from Amazon.
Here is what's going on with mine...
1. Installed the dongle
2. Turned machine on
3. I see the green light flashing in the dongle
4. Pop open the app
5. Clicked add device - previous to this I renamed my 5ghz network as they shared the same name/pass previous to set up
6. Confirmed my iPhone was on the 2.4ghz network
7. Added in my 2.4ghz wifi network to the app
8. Depressed the dongle button with a ballpoint for 10s
9. App asked for the phone to connect to the LR Network, I clicked OK
10, Screen refreshed and showed three status points (configuring wifi, waiting on device , finalizing set up) - or something similar to this.
I get a solid dot on the config wifi, but the app times out after waiting on device for so long.
To test, I will remove all metal panels - but again I am 1GB Fiber and in line of site to the gateway/router
Edit: sorry it seems the site as slow to respond when I posted and I posted this three times, feel free to delete the previous two entries.
Edit #2: Tried everything again with the panels off and - no-go.
L-R, La Pavoni (Pre Millennium), Acaia Lunar, Baratza Sette