SUPPORT LOGIN

(Login and registration now occur through the store.)

LOGIN OR CREATE ACCOUNT

We're still experiencing some difficulties with our new unified login - sorry for the inconvenience!.

LONDINIUM wireless espresso

More
9 months 1 week ago #16220 by Dominique Lalonde
Replied by Dominique Lalonde on topic LONDINIUM wireless espresso
I can’t wait to order mine
Reiss do you have an ETA?
Thanks
Dominique

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #16222 by Reiss Gunson
Replied by Reiss Gunson on topic LONDINIUM wireless espresso
hi dominique

i think in a month from now we will either be sending them out, or very close to sending them out

we haven't got any issues holding us back as i write this

kind regards

reiss.

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #16223 by Reiss Gunson

Lee Ramseur wrote: Reiss,

Thanks for your insight. It did not occur to me to reduce the preinfusion pressure as the coffee ages (I would've guessed to increase as it ages). Thanks for the pull-when-vertical rule of thumb. I'll keep an eye on my pulls and see if I'm close to that mark.

to put it in context lee, i would more than halve the pre-infusion pressure from the first shot i pull on a fresh 1Kg (2.2lb) bag until the last shot, which probably spans about two weeks

as the coffee ages the 'burnt' notes will keep coming to the fore as the acidity and all other contributors to the taste of the coffee wane

with the simplicity of the LR you can now counter this quickly and easily by reducing the pre-infusion pressure by 0.2 bar every couple of days as you sense the burnt notes starting to overwhelm the flavour profile of the coffee

reiss
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Reiss Gunson.

More
9 months 1 week ago #16225 by Mike Simanyi
Replied by Mike Simanyi on topic LONDINIUM wireless espresso
This is great information. Thank you Reiss!

More
9 months 1 week ago #16232 by Frans Goddijn
Replied by Frans Goddijn on topic LONDINIUM wireless espresso
On a LONDINIUM-R with digital pre-infusion module and wireless dongle & app you have the option to pre-infuse at a pressure of your choice (for instance 6 bar) and then immediately slide to 0 bar, in effect stopping the pump. This makes the pre-infusion last longer if you wish (for instance when playing with very light roasts). Then raise the lever as soon as the first droplet falls into the cup:

L1-P, L-R, Compak R120 & E8, Pavonis, Rocket, Mazzer, Fracino Roastilino & PXG4, Coffee-Tech FZ-94, Tonino, VSTlab IV, Acaia scales, Pencil tampers

More
9 months 1 week ago #16242 by Jeff Kinzli
Replied by Jeff Kinzli on topic LONDINIUM wireless espresso
So awesome, can't wait to order one. Standing by with credit card in hand, Reiss :)

More
9 months 1 week ago #16243 by Reiss Gunson
for the avoidance of doubt the dongle will be free of charge as i have committed to this since we first released the digital preinfusion module

you will however need to pay for the delivery as the unit cost has come in cost a lot higher than budgeted

kind regards

reiss.

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #16261 by Troels Bjerre
Replied by Troels Bjerre on topic LONDINIUM wireless espresso
Does this mean that the cost of the digital pre-infusion module might increase when the wireless dongle is finished and included with the module? I've been holding back on ordering the digital pre-infusion module until it came with the dongle included, to avoid the double shipping cost...

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #16264 by Reiss Gunson
hi troels

i think that is a reasonable assumption, yes

kind regards

reiss.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #16265 by Brandon McCall
Replied by Brandon McCall on topic LONDINIUM wireless espresso

Reiss Gunson wrote: for the avoidance of doubt the dongle will be free of charge as i have committed to this since we first released the digital preinfusion module

you will however need to pay for the delivery as the unit cost has come in cost a lot higher than budgeted

kind regards

reiss.

A while back you mentioned that we will not have to pay for delivery for the wireless module as long as we purchased other items through the store at the same time. Is that still the case?

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds