SUPPORT LOGIN

(Login and registration now occur through the store.)

LOGIN OR CREATE ACCOUNT

We're still experiencing some difficulties with our new unified login - sorry for the inconvenience!.

IMS Shower Screen - detaches under water pressure

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #15006 by Reiss Gunson
Replied by Reiss Gunson on topic IMS Shower Screen - detaches under water pressure
Thank you for taking the time to make a clip; it makes it easy

There are only two possible causes of this issue;

1. The seal has become hard. To test if the deal has hardened try crushing it from opposite sides of the circumference with your forefinger and thumb; if cracks appear on the outer circumference if the seal it needs to be replaced

2. The screen isn’t clean. This will be the case if the cause is silicone grease as it is translucent. To test water should run through the screen. You can also try touching in the holes in the former from the top side of the screen down with the tip of a needle and I expect you will get silicone grease on the needle tip.

I think you will need to scrub it with acetone and an old toothbrush.

There are no other possible causes
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Reiss Gunson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #15007 by Reiss Gunson
Replied by Reiss Gunson on topic IMS Shower Screen - detaches under water pressure
Just had a thought; please confirm that you have not put silicone grease on the seal or in the seal groove

Clean the seal and the seal groove with acetone too as it may have been contaminated with loxeal and the ptfe will cause the seal to slide out in the manner you report
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Reiss Gunson.

More
1 year 9 months ago #15008 by Igor Lontos
Replied by Igor Lontos on topic IMS Shower Screen - detaches under water pressure
I have not put any extra silicon grease (don't have any either). I'll do one more acetone soak and scrub when I get to it but for now it is what it is, I can still make coffee. I can't detect any grease on either the seal or the shower screen. I couldn't scrub woven mesh from the inside , so there might be some grease on that side, or the mesh itself is clogged. I need to place an order for a seal replacement set anyway so that way I'll have a chance to see if a new seal or shower screen makes a difference.

Squeeze test

Then I poured some water in the basket to test if water would flow through. It barely did but that could be normal.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #15009 by Reiss Gunson
ill make a clip of water flow through a new 35 micron screen, give me an hour please

it is clear from your clip that your screen is blocked.

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Reiss Gunson.

More
1 year 9 months ago #15011 by Igor Lontos
Replied by Igor Lontos on topic IMS Shower Screen - detaches under water pressure
We know what it is. Back to scrubbing...

More
1 year 9 months ago #15018 by Igor Lontos
Here is an update. I soaked the screen in Acetone for 24 hours and scrubbed after it but that didn't do anything. Could be my that my wife's nail polish acetone is not powerful enough. Water wouldn't run through as it did in Reiss' video. So it was either ordering a new one or trying to burn it with flame.
I held it over the flame for about 1 minute, noticed some smoke. Not sure if I made any damage with this method but it seems fine, the screen is not popping off at least. I'll report if any issues with the shot flow.

Water test video

Water flushing
Attachments:

More
1 year 9 months ago #15019 by Reiss Gunson
ha! thanks for telling us how the story ended.

kind regards

reiss.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #16944 by Jaime O Diaz
Replied by Jaime O Diaz on topic IMS Shower Screen - detaches under water pressure
I am having the same issue with mine... I did clean all the grease off when the machine arrived... flushed a couple of times, clean any grease again. This was all with the stock showerscreen.

I then I installed the IMS 35 screen... worked fine for a few weeks and during a flush it popped out. Thinking it was grease clogging the screen, I took it out and cleaned everything again. Could not detect any grease... but nonetheless I cleaned everything... even cleaned the surface with alcohol to make sure it was nice a clean... not just a wipe with a cleaning cloth. I then installed a new IMS 35 (I got a couple of spare IMS 35 screen when I bought my machine) .... well... it is doing it again.

Reading that acetone did nothing for the OP... I do not have high hopes... I will pull out the first IMS 35 that I installed and dip that one in acetone... the one in there now I have in Cafiza...

Screen floats so obviously it is clogged...

Anyway, glad I came across this thread. Let me try the acetone route first before playing with fire...

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #16945 by Jacob Shapiro
Replied by Jacob Shapiro on topic IMS Shower Screen - detaches under water pressure
No matter what I did with my IMS I couldn't get it unclogged (I assume it was too much grease in the machine from the factory as I never cleaned it) once I switched to the factory shower screen everything has been fine. Not sure if there was perhaps a bad batch of IMS screens but nothing I can do has fixed the clogging on mine. Hope you are able to fix yours!

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #16946 by Jaime O Diaz
Replied by Jaime O Diaz on topic IMS Shower Screen - detaches under water pressure
I was able to clean mine with acetone... cleaned the two I had... took the stock unit from storage as well, just in case. But now I have both IMS screen clean and clear...

But now I know the trick about using fire to burn the silicone grease from the screen...
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Jaime O Diaz.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds