SUPPORT LOGIN

(Login and registration now occur through the store.)

LOGIN OR CREATE ACCOUNT

We're still experiencing some difficulties with our new unified login - sorry for the inconvenience!.

Flow Rate Requirment

More
1 year 7 months ago #15198 by David Letterman
Flow Rate Requirment was created by David Letterman
After months of research, questions and discussions, I will finally be ready to order my LII. Question of flow rate requirement of the LII. I will be installing a filter and want to make sure that I get the correct one to accommodate the flow requirement

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #15202 by Reiss Gunson
Replied by Reiss Gunson on topic Flow Rate Requirment
hi david

you need a minimum pressure of 1.5 bar for the boiler to fill, measured at the end of the water line where it connects to the machine

if you want to run lighter roasts you will require more pressure, up to 6 bar in the case of modern super light norwegian style roasts

for more moderate middle of the road modern roasts around 3.5 bar will suffice

kind regards

reiss.

More
1 year 7 months ago #15203 by David Letterman
Replied by David Letterman on topic Flow Rate Requirment
In order to get 3.5 bars of pressure how many gpm out of the filter do I need. It is my understanding that the bar of pressure can be fine tuned at the machine. I just need to make sure that the filter will allow a sufficient flow rate in gpm to achieve the proper bars.
Thank you

More
1 year 7 months ago #15204 by Reiss Gunson
Replied by Reiss Gunson on topic Flow Rate Requirment
Forget about flow: just stick a pressure guage on the fitting on the end of the water line that will connect to the machine (ie down steam of all the filtration) and measure the static pressure

You need at least 1.5 bar for the boiler to fill

How much pressure you need above 1.5 bar will depend on how light a roast you want to run

3.5 bar will cover everything up to a medium-light roast, say tonino colour value 85

Kind regards

Reiss

More
1 year 7 months ago #15205 by David Letterman
Replied by David Letterman on topic Flow Rate Requirment
Got it. Thank you

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds