SUPPORT LOGIN

(Login and registration now occur through the store.)

LOGIN OR CREATE ACCOUNT

We're still experiencing some difficulties with our new unified login - sorry for the inconvenience!.

A Blended Coffee out of the USA

More
1 year 4 months ago #15487 by Trevor Watters
Hi Reiss,

Thanks for your efforts. I have 3kgs being delivered tomorrow and I wondered if you would be happy to receive a kg.

Cheers

Trevor

LWDP #20, Londinium L1 Series 2, Compak E10 Conic OD, Londinium Tamper, Espro Toroid Stainless Steel Milk Jug 355ml, Acaia Coffee Scales, roasted coffee beans. All this for some happy times each day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #15490 by Reiss Gunson
thank you trevor, that is pretty decent of you. drop me an email or PM me and i will reimburse you. kind regards, reiss.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #15491 by Reiss Gunson

Paweł Walczak wrote: Hi Reiss,

I just checked on Java, and in fact, they ship only to UK, sorry.

Gardelli is shipping to New Zeland however, so if you want to taste those coffees (and its worth trying, he is one of the best coffee roasters in Europe) send me PM with your shipping address, I will try to make the order on your behalf.

Pawel

hi pawel
yes, that is true. the trouble is at the time of writing the field in the checkout containing country codes for telephone numbers does not contain New Zealand (+64) or Australia (+61) and does not appear to have any obvious order to the listing; it is clearly not alphabetical or dialling code numeric
i am playing email tennis with them as i am very eager to try their work - if you have connections it would be great if you could mention the issue to them too
kind regards
reiss.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Reiss Gunson.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #15492 by Paweł Walczak
Reiss,

Please try using the Pitcairn Island from the drop-down list. It has +64 as prefix (as New Zealand)
If you need +61 (Australia) please use Christmas Island.

Do not ask me why they put it like this :) It is probably because the drop down only supports one numerical code per list, and by mistake they took the secondary countries that are sharing the codes with Australia and New Zealand.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Paweł Walczak.

More
1 year 4 months ago #15493 by Reiss Gunson
ha! that's priceless Pawel

you're quite right - my telephone number is now assigned to the Pitcairn Islands and as a result i have been able to place my order

superb. im very grateful for your attention to detail

kind regards

reiss

More
1 year 4 months ago #15495 by Aaron Bhavsar

Paweł Walczak wrote: Here you go:
sklep.javacoffee.pl/en/products/471-guat...espresso_whole_beans

shop.gardellicoffee.com/coffees/58-67-ci...lend#/32-size-1000gr

shop.gardellicoffee.com/coffees/222-mzungu-project-uganda

www.timwendelboe.no/coffee/caballero-espresso

I've run Gardelli single origins on my original L1 with no issues if that helps at all? Tend to go with 1:2 ratio, it's what I like. The first time the website refused to believe my address existed but I emailed them and they sorted it right away, nice bunch of people.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #15499 by Reiss Gunson

hey Pawel

a big thank you for flagging up Gardelli, very impressed, exceptional coffee well roasted no doubt about it

I've only pulled a few shot so far and what i have learnt with turning these light roasts into espresso is i seem to get a better result if i run a higher pre-infusion pressure and a high flow rate (a high pre infusion pressure and a tight grind to hold the flow rate back to a convention 1g/s strangles these kind of roasts in my experience and you distort the clean distinctive notes in the coffee into something a bit funky and tortured). Equally a low pre-infusion pressure and a very long pre-infusion muddies the delicate taste notes in my view and they tend to bleed into a single 'average' taste which kind of defeats the purposes of buying very expensive coffee in my view

my settings:
IMS 18-20g londinium basket
pre heat the cup with hot water for 30s
4.0 bar pre infusion
20g dose
40g brew weight
a very fine grind yet first drip falling in 3-5 seconds due to the relatively high pre-infusion pressure
a flow rate of 2g/s, i.e 40g of coffee flows into the cup in 20s

kind regards

reiss.
Attachments:

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #15500 by Reiss Gunson

and this morning Wendelboe arrived
Attachments:

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #15501 by Paweł Walczak
Hi Reiss,

I am glad you like the beans. I see you started with Mzungu, you set expectations high :)

I read you last post, I fully agree it's amazing how we can experience goods from all over the world. We are lucky people.

Also big thanks to you, as the direct sales model of Londinium is great, how many other machine's designers are asking people what coffee they drink, and then share their recipes with the community? Amazing!

Big thank you!

Enjoy the coffee.

PS.

Not sure if you drink pour over coffee from time to time. If you have any Hario, Kalita, Chemex - I recommend you try the Mzungu also as brewed coffee. Different experience than espresso, but still amazing taste.

PS2.

When you will be ready for next round of coffee roasted in Europe - please try La Cabra ( www.lacabra.dk/ ). Here, they change the coffee often, so I cannot recommend any particular coffee, but I never had bad coffee from them. They roast light (uni-roast), but with LR and Max/EK43 you have everything to make delicious espresso from those beans.

Ps3

yours/my settings:
IMS 18-20g londinium basket / VST 18 g basket
pre heat the cup with hot water for 30s / I usually skip the preheat as I avoid very hot drinks in general
4.0 bar pre infusion / I still have the Mater, so 3-3,5 bars
20g dose / 17.5 dose
40g brew weight / the same
a very fine grind yet first drip falling in 3-5 seconds due to the relatively high pre-infusion pressure / bit longer probably 5-7 seconds
a flow rate of 2g/s, i.e 40g of coffee flows into the cup in 20s / 20-25 seconds
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Paweł Walczak.

More
1 year 4 months ago #15502 by Lukasz Dziekan
Mzungu was very interesting in LR, though beans were IMO roasted on darker side, yet without bitterness.

For Tim W. I see you have espresso roast, I used filter roast very light but evenly roasted. Recommended for sure.
La Cabra for sure to be tested, very staple light roast.

I usually go 2:1 and something slightly faster than 1g/s, need to check fast flow 2g/s. Still grinding on Pharos though (try grinding TIm W. ;) ) but would love to test Max/ EK43 grinder...

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds